Another week, another weekly playlist.
I was away for the weekend, so this was pushed until Monday this time around. Sorry if you thought that I had come to my senses and had given up on this. I probably missed even more good stuff than normally, but here’s the new stuff that caught my ear.
My most anticipated album releases this week were the new Anna St Louis, Colter Wall, Extra Arms and Valley Maker albums. Ever More Nest was the completely new find for me. Never heard of Ever More Nest before, but the album is very impressive. There were also excellent new album from Yowler, Annie Oakley, Mark Edgar Stuart, John Hiatt, Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles, Dusty Stray and The Bottle Rockets. And again lots of last week’s releases make another appearance with a new song.
There were some great Finnish albums as well. So if you are not scared of beautiful Finnish language, check out the new albums from Rosita Luu, Liljankukka, Rami Vierula and Vuoret.
The biggest new singles were the new one from the Swedish power pop heroes The Genuine Fakes and the new one from Scott Hirsch. Obviously all the other ones would also be worth a namedrop, but the Finland – Greece football game is about to start in a just few minutes. All the best. Back next week with hopefully a little less rushed effort.
OCTA Weekly Playlist – Episode #13
1. Anna St. Louis – Paradise (If Only There Was a River, Woodsist/Mare, 2018)
2. Colter Wall – Wild Dogs (Songs of the Plainsman, Young Mary’s Record Co, 2018)
3. Ever More Nest – So Low (The Place That You Call Home, Parish Road, 2018)
4. Valley Maker – Seven Signs (Rhododendron, Frenchkiss Records, 2018)
5. Yowler – No (Black Dog In My Path, Double Double Whammy, 2018)
6. Mark Edgar Stuart – Something New (Mad At Love, Madjack Records, 2018)
7. Annie Oakley – Pomp and Swell(Words We Mean, Horton Records, 2018)
8. The Genuine Fakes – Even With You (single, Pristine Music, 2018)
9. Extra Arms – Under Surveillance (Headacher, 2018)
10. Ancient Shapes – Blood Orange (Silent Rave, You’ve Changed Records, 2018)
11. Macseal – Sure Thing, Shelly (single, 2018)
12. Liljankukka – Liverpool L8 (Päiväkirja, Karhuvaltio Records, 2018)
13. Rosita Luu – Äiti (SOS, Helmi levyt, 2018)
14. Haley Heynderickx & Max Garcia Conover – Mother (Among Horses III, Son Canciones, 2018
15. Adrianne Lenker – Blue and Red Horses (Abysskiss, Saddle Creek, 2018)
16. Scott Hirsch – When You Were Old (El Dorado) (single, Scissor Tail Records, 2018)
17. GospelbeacH – Freeway To Canyon (single, Alive Naturalsound, 2018)
18. John Hiatt – Aces Up Your Sleeve (The Eclipse Sessions, New West Records, 2018)
19. Dusty Stray – I Can Still Pretend You’re Here Tonight (Estranged, Great Waters, 2018)
20. Annie Dressner – Don’t Go (single, 2018)
21. Sarah Borges and The Broken Singles – House On a Hill(Love’s Middle Name, Blue Corn Music, 2018)
22. The Bottle Rockets – Lo-Fi(Bit Logic, Bloodshot Records, 2018)
23. JP Harris – Hard Road (Sometimes Dogs Bark At Nothing, Free Dirt Records, 2018)
24. The Other Years – Bridges (The Other Years, No Quarter, 2018)
25. Alyssa Wettlaufer – Secondhand Smoke (single, 2018)
26. Philippe Bronchtein – Kitchen Window (Me and The Moon, 2018)
27. Rami Vierula – Pakko liikkua (Ikuinen yö, 2018)
28. Ian Wayne – Revelation (single, 2018)
29. Lucy Langlas – Signals (single, Early Hearts Records, 2018)
30. Vuoret – Mennään rannalle (Portti, Soit se silti, 2018)
if you are looking this after a week has gone, the embedded Spotify will show the latest playlist. I’ll just update the same playlist because a) if someone wants to follow it, they can just follow that one list and will get a new set of songs each Sunday b) so that I don’t have a trillion of different playlists on my Spotify account.
Oh and do buy the vinyl/cd/download. Spotify and other streaming services are perfect for these introductory purposes, but try to buy at least the music that matter the most to you.