Another week, another weekly playlist.
It’s been an insanely hot week in Finland (probably elsewhere even hotter). Therefore spending a lot of time on the computer searching for new music wasn’t my top priority this week. So I’m sure I missed a lot of good stuff. The good news for both me and this little blog is that I’m on vacation for the next two weeks. I’ll try to catch up on some of the blog stuff and plan the forthcoming 18th anniversary festival too (more info here, if you would like to participate in this online festival) I might skip this weekly playlist next week though and try the biweekly thing and see if it works better or not. I haven’t really decided it yet. So there might or might not be a new playlist next Sunday.
This hot week also gave us a lot of hot new albums. Florist and Jordan Moser were the big ones for me, but I’m also looking forward to diving into the new albums from Strange Ranger, Angie McMahon, Eamon Fogerty, Mikey Erg, Chuck Hawthorne, Chris Gantry, Luray and Erisy Watt. There some really wonderful EPs too from Philippe Bronchtein, Rayland Baxter (Mac Miller Tribute), Simon Linsteadt, Slow Healer and Bright Raven (this last one is a week old).
The lone Finnish entry is the awesome new single from Hulda Huima. I’m sure there had to be here.
There’s plenty of those singles too. It didn’t take long for The Highwomen to release another single. Some other big faves came from Henry Black, Black Sea Dahu, Ana Egge, Will Johnson, Sunny War, Dori Freeman, Jason Hawk Harris, Ben Danaher and Jason Tyler Burton. But as usual, I could just as well namedrop them all on this text too. I put them here because I liked them.
That’s it for this week. There will be some blog posts next week, because I have a bit of time to write them thanks to the vacation from the dayjob. I need to spend some time just resting too, because I badly needed this vacation. Both the mind and the body. Always love.
1. Florist – Moon Begins (Emily Alone, Double Double Whammy, 2019)
2. Jordan Moser – Long Night (Long Night, Keeled Scales, 2019)
3. Angie McMahon – Keeping Time (Salt, AWAL, 2019)
4. Philippe Bronchtein – Oregon Air (Oregon Air EP, 2019)
5. Black Sea Dahu – Thaw (single, Mouthwatering Records, 2019)
6. Strange Ranger – Ari Song (Remembering the Rockets, Tiny Engines, 2019)
7. Hulda Huima – Jalat laahaa tätä maata (single, Helmi Levyt, 2019)
8. Mikey Erg – & Nico (Waxbuilt Castles, Don Giovanni Records, 2019)
9. Rayland Baxter – Small Worlds (Good Mmornin EP, ATO Records, 2019)
10. Eamon Fogarty – If the Spirit (Blue Values, Jealous Butcher Records, 2019)
11. Henry Black – Y G S (single, 2019)
12. Ana Egge – Hurt a Little (single, StorySound Records, 2019)
13. Will Johnson – A Solitary Slip (single, Keeled Scales, 2019)
14. Dori Freeman – That’s How I Feel (single, 2019)
15. The Highwomen – Crowded Table (single, Elektra Records, 2019)
16. Sunny War – Drugs Are Bad (single, 2019)
17. Jason Tyler Burton – Date Night at the Dairy Queen (single, 2019)
18. Chuck Hawthorne – Amarillo Wind (Fire Out of Stone, 2019)
19. Chris Gantry – Where’s the Woman? (Nashlantis, Drag City, 2019
20. Taylor Hollingsworth – Tap Dancin’ Daddy (single, Flower Moon Records, 2019)
21. Ben Danaher – The Match (single, 2019)
22. Jason Hawk Harris – I’m Afraid (single, Bloodshot Records, 2019)
23. Paul Cauthen – Holy Ghost Fire (single, Lightning Rod Records, 2019)
24. Lori McKenna – Bible Song (Return to Bittertown single, CN Records, 2019)
25. Erisy Watt – Treasure Maps (Paints in the Sky, 2019)
26. Luray – Green and Golden (Dig, 2019)
27. Simon Linsteadt – Long Time (Mesa Demo) (February Demos EP, Stormy Deep Records, 2019)
28. Black Belt Eagle Scout – My Heart Dreams (single, My Heart Dreams, Saddle Creek, 2019)
29. Julia Jacklin – Someday triple j Like a Version (single, Transgressive, 2019)
30. Cale Tyson & Thad Kopec – Fade Me Away (single, 2019)
31. Slow Healer – Tell Me (Always Trippin’ EP, 2019)
32. The Smallgoods – Hurry Up & Slow Down (single, Lost and Lonesome, 2019)
33. Those Pretty Wrongs – Ain’t Nobody But Me (single, Burger Records, 2019)
34. Red River Dialect – Snowdon (single, Paradise of Bachelors, 2019)
35. Aaron Lee Tasjan – My Whole Life Is Over (All Over Again) (single, New West Records, 2019)
36. Dalton Domino – Cheap Spanish Wine (single, Lightning Rod Records, 2019)
37. Sam Outlaw & Sarah Darling – Forever and Always (single, Black Hills Recordings, 2019)
38. Sofia Talvik – Blood Moon (single, Makaki Music, 2019)
39. The Good Graces – His Name Was the Color that I Loved (single, Pretty New Songs, 2019)
40. Bright Raven – Shoes (Go EP, 2019)
41. Ikebe Shakedown – Horses (single, Colemine Records, 2019)
42. Carriers – Make It Right (single, Good Eye Records, 2019)
43. Drew Danburry – Broken (For Av, Ilee and Sarah) (Pallid Boy & Spindling Girl EP, 2019)
44. Joe Pug – Here Again (The Flood in Color, 2019)
45. Dogwood Tales – There Goes the Light (single, WarHen Records, 2019)
Oh and do buy the vinyl/cd/download. Spotify and other streaming services are perfect for these introductory purposes, but try to buy at least the music that matter the most to you
If you are looking this after a week has gone, the embedded Spotify will show the latest playlist. I’ll just update the same playlist because a) if someone wants to follow it, they can just follow that one list and will get a new set of songs each Sunday b) so that I don’t have a trillion of different playlists on my Spotify account.