Another week, another new music weekly.
First let’s continue last week’s topic. This playlist is now also on Tidal, so this is a real multi-platform adventure for the next three months (Tidal, Apple, Spotify). I’m not too thrilled with all the cyber week nonsense, but I did take Tidal’s 2€ for 3 months offer. It gives me enough time to test drive the app and decide whether I want to switch my own streaming permanently to Tidal. So far I’m otherwise pleased, but they don’t seem to give any tools for 3rd party playlisters. The playlists don’t come up in the search, so the only way to spread the word is to spam the direct link to social media and this blog. It also seems like there’s no way to know if someone is actually following your playlist. It’s not like Spotify is good at giving a lot of info to playlisters, but here you have zero idea if someone is listening or if you are just sending songs into a void and nobody would care if you stopped. Still if Tidal pays artists more fairly, it outweighs a lot of these issues. We shall see how this it goes. Maybe I just need to ask around in three months, if I have any followers over there and should continue the Tidal adventure. If you are on Tidal or have friends or enemies who are there, you’ll find the playlist here. Anyway, here’s the new releases of the week.
A slow release week due to Thanksgiving plus end of the year approaching. There’s one really big one though and that’s the new Julie Doiron album. Extremely highly recommended for sure. Other great new releases came from Cassidy Waring, Jessica’s Brother, Maxwell Stern & Gordon M. Phillips (EP), Shulman Smith, Sara Routh, Miss Tess & Thomas Bryan Eaton. And because this didn’t have a lot of action, I searched some things I might have missed in the earlier weeks. These include Robert Connely Farr (full album on Bandcamp for example, only the single is streaming), Josh Moore, Miss Leo, The Right Here, Scorpion King (EP) and Mouth Painter.
From Finland we have new albums from Color Dolor and Richard Dawson & Circle (yeah, big homers here, so we give Richard a Finnish passport if he is collaborating with Circle). There’s also a run of singles from Anton Haring, Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Dimma and Rohkeat Kuvat. Plus a revisit to last week’s Baby Sweetcorn album.
As for international singles, the imaginary song of the week title goes to the new VanWyck single I Was Innocent. Absolutely love the song. Also very fond of the new ones by Westwood Avenue & Erin Rae, Jay Gavin & Shyanne Mae Gaudet (also check out the older one You’re the Reason Our Kids are Ugly), Lonny, Jonathan Tyler, I am Oak and so forth.
That’s it for the week. Like, follow, share and all the usual promotional nonsense. Love from a distance.
1. Julie Doiron – Thought of You (I Thought of You, You’ve Changed Records, 2021)
2. Cassidy Waring – Everything You Lose (Lonesome Reunion, 2021)
3. VanWyck – I Was Innocent (single, Excelsior Recordings, 2021)
4. Maxwell Stern & Gordon M. Phillips – You Are With Me (You Are With Me EP, Alchemy Hours, 2021)
5. Jessica’s Brother – Full Swing (Just Rain, Fika Recordings, 2021)
6. Westwood Avenue & Erin Rae – Bachelorette Screams (single, 2021)
7. Jay Gavin & Shyanne Mae Gaudet – Beautiful Shame (single, 2021)
8. Robert Connely Farr – Ain’t Enough (Ain’t Enough, 2021)
9. Shulman Smith – Way Out West (Way Out West, Chief & Candy, 2021)
10. Miss Leo – High Country Love Song (All I Need, 2021)
11. Miss Tess & Thomas Bryan Eaton – New Orleans (Parlor Sounds, 2021)
12. Lonny – Comme la fin du monde (single, Un Plan Simple, 2021)
13. Josh Moore – Sunrise (Sunrise, 2021)
14. Jonathan Tyler – Moon & Stars (single, 2021)
15. I Am Oak – The Passage (single, Snowstar Records, 2021)
16. Richard Dawson & Circle – Cooksonia (Henki, Domino Recording Co, 2021)
17. Color Dolor – Moon in My Room (Blurry Things, Soliti, 2021)
18. Raveloe – Catkins (single, Olive Grove Records, 2021)
19. Ryan Pollie – Out Of It (single, 2021)
20. Jeffrey Lewis – You’re Invited (single, 2021)
21. The Right Here – Good Luck Trying (Northern Town, 2021)
22. Radio Days – 1998 (Psychotic Radio -single, Ammonia Records, 2021)
23. Century Egg – Mirror (single, Forward Music Group, 2021)
24. Lenny Bull – Elevator (single, Cock & Bull Records, 2021)
25. Anton Haring – Mun on aika elää (single, Haring Panic Records, 2021)
26. Rohkeat kuvat – Kaupunki (single, Soit Se Silti, 2021)
27. Jaakko Eino Kalevi – Left Outside Alone (single, 2021)
28. Dimma – Minnet (single, 2021)
29. Raye Zaragoza feat Brooke Simpson – The It Girl (single, Rebel River Records, 2021)
30. Scorpion King – Dandelions (Scorpion King EP, The Clubhouse Recording Club, 2021)
31. Jamie Lin Wilson – Just the Other Side Nowhere (single, Next Waltz, 2021)
32. Matt Woods – Port St. Lucie (single, Lonely Ones Records, 2021)
33. Sara Routh – Evelyn (Heavy Love, Boots & Whiskey, 2021)
34. Mouth Painter – Richard of Augite (Tropicale Moon, Arrowhawk Records, 2021)
35. Kyle Morton – Silence of the Organs (single, 2021)
36. Baby Sweetcorn – Slow Fade (Beyond the Rain, Way Beyondo, 2021)
37. Dakota Theim – Feel No Pain (Tangled Heart, 2021)
38. Paul Bond – Goodbye, My Love (Sunset Blues, Concerto Records, 2021)
39. Cassidy Snider & The Wranglers – Road Blues Swing (Losing Lovers EP, Vocal Rest Records, 2021)
40. David James Allen – White Water Jack (The Architect, Garment District Records, 2021)
Oh and do buy the vinyl/cd/download. Spotify and other streaming services are perfect for these introductory purposes, but try to buy at least the music that matter the most to you
If you are looking this after a week has gone, the embedded Spotify will show the latest playlist. I’ll just update the same playlist because a) if someone wants to follow it, they can just follow that one list and will get a new set of songs each Sunday b) so that I don’t have a trillion of different playlists on my Spotify account. If you want to find the older ones I’ve moved them to the weekly playlist archive. So hit that link above and I’m sure you’ll find this playlist too.