Another week, another new music weekly.
There’s not a whole lot going anymore, but here’s one final new music weekly for 2021. After this short episode, I will put this on hold for 2-4 weeks and return to it in early or mid-january. Oh and there’s an own list for the Christmas songs and other seasonal tunes. You’ll find that here. I’ll add some more there soon, because I’m sure plenty is missing.
There’s not many new album releases. Eric Schroeder and Joshua Rilko are from this week. Treetop Flyers, Gentleman Jesse and firekid I managed to miss while focusing too much on the aoty stuff. Shame on me. I really like that Treetop Flyers album on quick listen. I need to give it a good spin during the holidays. David Garnham and the Reasons to Live album is new to streaming, but it has been available elsewhere like Bandcamp.
From Finland The Lovematches album is now streaming. Before they only had the singles on these evil platforms. The big one is the new Rock Siltanen Group single Santanan Kolmonen. This probably has been out a week or two, but somehow this monster managed to fly under my radar until I saw the music video yesterday. Absolutely love it. There’s only new Finnish singles from Isse, Ilja Karsikas and J. Kajan.
Some international should-be hits too. Song of the week has to be that new The Hellacopters single, which is pretty damn good and surprisingly close to the level of the classic stuff from the late nineties and early 00s. There’s also great new singles from Ryan Culwell, Dalton Domino feat Stephanie Lambring, Brent Cobb, Steph Green, Big Thief and so forth.
That’s it for this week and almost this year. There might or might not be song of the year lists this weekend. Depends if I have the time. If not it probably goes into new year. After that probably at least two week vacation from the new music weekly and other blog related things. Back sometime in January. Still continuing the 20 year long battle of whether to do more, the same or just retire. Now onechordnet is one of the things that just are and there’s nothing really wrong with that, but something new like a midweek q&a feature or whatever might add some much needed spark and worthiness. Hard to just figure out the kind that didn’t require too much time/energy, because manual labor factory job drains all I have. Anyway, thanks to all who have shared, liked and followed this new music weekly or the eoty lists. You have no idea how much it matters. Happy holidays to everyone in case this is the last post of the year and I fail to do the song lists before Christmas. Love from a distance.
1. The Hellacopters – Reap a Hurricane (single, Nucklear Blast, 2021)
2. Treetop Flyers – Castlewood Road (Old Habits, Loose Music, 2021)
3. Ryan Culwell – Colorado Blues (single, Missing Piece Records, 2021)
4. Dalton Domino feat Stephanie Lambring – Wannebe (single, Lightning Rod Records, 2021)
5. Steph Green – Devotion (single, 2021)
6. The Lovematches – Till the Dawn Breaks (Rescue Songs, Emsalö Music, 2021)
7. David Garnham and the Reasons to Live – Holding Pattern (Noise to Fill the Void, 2021)
8. Eric Schroeder – Slippery Elm (The Crucifixion of Eric Schroeder, Earth Libraries, 2021)
9. Brent Cobb – Just a Closer Walk with Thee (single, Ol’ Records, 2021)
10. firekid – Blue Roses (Muscle Shoals Metaphysical, 2021)
11. Joshua Rilko – When Springtime Comes (Lost Soul / Rock & Roll, 2021)
12. Jacksonport – Loose and Lazy Loon (single, Tularosa Records, 2021)
13. Jeffrey Lewis – What I Love Most in Englad (is the Food) (single, 2021)
14. Gentleman Jesse – Become Nothing (Lose Everything, 2021)
15. Rock Siltanen Group – Santanan Kolmonen (single, Rockia ja sporttia, 2021)
16. Isse – Malmin apostoli (single, Helmi Levyt, 2021)
17. J. Kajan – Reppanan pojan tanssi (single, 2021)
18. Ilja Karsikas – Odotan et sä meet (single, 2021)
19. The Green Pajamas – I Love the Way You Smile (single, Green Monkey Records, 2021)
20. Del Amitri – This City Loves You Back (single, Cooking Vinyl, 2021)
21. Big Thief – Spud Infinity (single, 4AD, 2021)
22. MAITA – Helena (single, Kill Rock Stars, 2021)
23. Dark Tea – Silent Sister (single, Don Piano Enterprises, 2021)
24. Spencer Hoffman – Like a Bird (single, Park the Van, 2021)
25. Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox feat Sweet Megg – Levitating (single, Mudhutdigital, 2021)
26. Oan Kim – Mambo (single, 2021)
27. Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio – Pull Your Pants Up (single, Colemine Records, 2021)
28. The Howard Hughes Suite – Lake of Dreams (single, The Slow Music Movement, 2021)
29. Ansley Rushing – Clementine (single, Harriet’s Bluff Records, 2021)
30. Jenna & The Janes – Through the Bluffs (single, 2021)
31. Robert Stillman – It’s All Is (single, Orindal Records, 2021)
32. Alan Power – Life on Mars (Alan, Empower Records, 2021)
33. Ryan Pollie – Harriton House (Stars, Forged Artifacts / Mapache Music, 2021)
34. Janne Tapion Sisäinen Avaruus – Kasvukipuja (Uusi elämä alkaa, Iso Pinkki, 2021)
35. Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Don’t Forget Love (Barn, Reprise Records, 2021)
Oh and do buy the vinyl/cd/download. Spotify and other streaming services are perfect for these introductory purposes, but try to buy at least the music that matter the most to you
If you are looking this after a week has gone, the embedded Spotify will show the latest playlist. I’ll just update the same playlist because a) if someone wants to follow it, they can just follow that one list and will get a new set of songs each Sunday b) so that I don’t have a trillion of different playlists on my Spotify account. If you want to find the older ones I’ve moved them to the weekly playlist archive. So hit that link above and I’m sure you’ll find this playlist too.