Another week, another new music weekly.
Quite a lot of good stuff out there. I was basicly ready to post my EPs of the year list on Friday, but then there was something like 4-5 great new ones available that probably should make the cut. So I put that one the backburner and did this new music weekly first. How do you beautiful people I think I ever get the lists done, if I have to spend 10 hours just listening to new music every Saturday. I think I’ll do one more of these next weekend and then I’m done. For the year, not for good. Before next weekend hopefully the EPs of the year and Finnish albums of the year lists.
Album of the week is the new one from Adeem the Artist. A very powerful album with excellent songwriting. Like mentioned above the EP ruled the game this week. There’s the split between The Lostines & Nick Shoulders plus new ones from Michael James Tapcott, Layten Kramer and Johanna Samuels. Not forgetting J.E. Sunde & Dory Bavarsky collaboration and the December volume from Thorsten Nesch’s montly EP series. This week we also got new releases from Bird Calls, Julia Sanders, Moriah Bailey, Tiny Vipers (EP) Ty Maxon, Fell Runner, Shirley Hurt, Brendan Benson, Deepest Bison (this already was out a while back with a different cover art. I know because I featured it), Burn the Louvre, William William Rogers (EP) and Luke De-Sciscio (seems like only the single is streaming, but there’s a full album on Bandcamp). Small Opera’s EP is from September, but I just found it last week and liked it a lot.
The Finnish highlight is the first single from the next Liila Jokelin album. Can’t wait to hear full album in 2023. Also great to have Captain Cougar back. Other Finnish gems of the week are album froms The Handkerchiefs and Oskarin Gramofoni and singles from MeriTuuli, SaintPolis, Salla Karonen, Emmy June, Sam Shingler and Fernet Underground. Well Oskari and Fernet was from a week ago.
International single of the week is the latest one from long time faves BMX Bandits. Other personal faves came from I’m Kingfisher, H.C. McEntire, Brooks and Bowskill and Ryan Necci & The Buffalo Gospel (well a new version of an old song, but yeah always loved this one).
That’s all for this week. Like, share, follow and all the usual promotional nonsense. It all matters. Hopefully some year end action during the coming week. No definite promises, because well this is a spare time hobby not a job. But they are coming. Love from a distance.
1. Adeem the Artist – Baptized in Well Spirits (White Trash Revelry, Four Quarters Records / Thirty Tigeers, 2022)
2. The Lostines – Last Night (Heart of Night split-EP with Nick Shoulders, Gar Hole Records, 2022)
3. Michael James Tapscott – Luxembourg Gardens (Michael, The Worst EP, Royal Oakie Records, 2022)
4. J.E. Sunde & Dory Bavarsky – I Hope to Change (Songbook Vol 1 EP, Full Color Sound Records, 2022)
5. BMX Bandits – Spinning Through Time (single, Tapete Records, 2022)
6. Layten Kramer – Eye to Eye (Eye to Eye EP, Nice Guys, 2022)
7. The Bird Calls – Better Investments (My Life in Hollywood, Ruination Record Co, 2022)
8. Shirley Hurt – Charioteer (Shirley Hurt, Telephone Explosion Records, 2022)
9. Johanna Samuels – Royal Blue (Scam Likely, Tone Tree Music, 2022)
10. Thorsten Nesch – Before the Angels Come (Before the Angels Come EP, Polterzeitgeist, 2022)
11. Julia Sanders – Love the Everyday (Morning Star, 2022)
12. Moriah Bailey – Not Staying (i tried words, Keeled Scales, 2022)
13. Tiny Vipers – Tormentor (American Prayer EP, 2022)
14. Ty Maxon – Trouble in Mind (Songs from the Frozen Lake, 2022)
15. Fell Runner – Turn Off the Lights (What I Am, 2022)
16. Brendan Benson – Whatever’s On My Mind (Low Key, Schnitzel Records, 2022)
17. Burn the Louvre – Honolulu (Silhouttes, Broken Glass Records, 2022)
18. William William Rogers – Laurel Canyon 1972 (Four Nights at the Hotel Rodgers EP, 2022)
19. Deepest Bison – Morning Star (Low Impulse Imagined, Family Audio, 2022)
20. I’m Kingfisher feat Vilma Flood & Bebe Risenfors – Peer Pressure (single, Fading Trails Recordings, 2022)
21. H.C. McEntire – New View (single, Merge Records, 2022)
22. Brooks and Bowskill – Too Many Roads (single, Ganaraska Recording CO, 2022)
23. Graham Nicholas – Julie Truly (single, 2022)
24. Ryan Necci & The Buffalo Gospel – If I Was the Last Man (single,
25. Liila Jokelin – Yön harhaan (single, Helmi Levyt, 2022)
26. SaintPolis – Little Wooden Boat (single, 2022)
27. Captain Cougar – Liquid Helping Hand (single, Pinetree Music, 2022)
28. MeriTuuli – Tropiikki (single, Eclipse Music, 2022)
29. Salla Karonen – Monta talvea (single, 2022)
30. Emmy June – Me & My Mom (single, 2022)
31. Sam Shingler – Boundaries (single, Stupido, 2022)
32. The Handkerchiefs – Someone to Hold on (Urban Exile, 2022)
33. Oskarin Gramofoni – Isona katkerana (Kasvun paikka, 2022)
34. Fernet Underground – Lokit nokkii (single, Kynsinauhat, 2022)
35. Weird Nightmare – Our Love Will Still Be There (single, Sub Pop Records, 2022)
36. Theo Lawrence – Cherie (single, Tomika Records / Modulor, 2022)
37. The Roseline – Saber Rattlers (single, RPH Records, 2022)
38. James Steinle – A South Texas Stranger (single, 2022)
39. H. Self – Kitchen Star (single, Ella Ruth Institutet, 2022)
40. Ben de la Cour – Numbers Game (single, Jullian Records, 2022)
41. Jaimee Harris – Love Is Gonna Come Again (single, Folk N’ Roll Records / Thirty Tigers, 2022)
42. Parker Ryan – Shattered (single, 2022)
43. Steven Denmark feat Jade Brodie – I Don’t Dance (single, El Dorado Records, 2022)
44. Wax Mannequin – The Obelisk (single, Coax Records, 2022)
45. Small Opera – Western Canada (Sashiko, Fast Ghost Records, 2022)
46. Luke De-Sciscio – Heron’s Nest (single, Folk Boy Records, 2022)
47. Hollow Hand – Heaven Just Watched (single, Curation Records, 2022)
48. The Hackles – Damn the World (single, Jealous Butcher Records, 2022)
49. Melody Duncan – I Don’t Think You Know (single, 2022)
50. Jill Barber – Beautiful Life (single, Outside Music, 2022)
51. The Reds, Pinks and Purples – Randy, If You Were Here (Mountain Lake Park, Tough Love, 2022)
52. Model Shop – The Quieter Life (Love Interest, Meritorio Records, 2022)
53. Ingredient – Resurface (Ingredient, Telephone Explosion Records, 2022)
54. Marker Starling – Ok to Need (Diamond Violence, Tin Angel Records, 2022)
Oh and do buy the vinyl/cd/download. Spotify and other streaming services are perfect for these introductory purposes, but try to buy at least the music that matter the most to you
I’ll make the playlist on Spotify and then transfer it to Tidal. This means a few tracks might be missing from the Tidal version, if they are not available on that platform. Usually it’s 1-3 tracks that are not on Tidal. There’s a bunch of older episodes on my Spotify profile, if you miss an episode or want to revisit.
If you are looking this after a week has gone, the embedded Spotify will show the latest playlist. I’ll just update the same playlist because if someone wants to follow it, they can just follow that one list and will get a new set of songs each weekend.